Given the exceptional situation in which we find ourselves, caused by COVID-19, from Mos hostel we want to communicate the following: We have implemented all the necessary protocols approved by the Ministry in a contingency plan. We hope that these measures will contribute to the restitution of services and we will be grateful for your collaboration in order to promote the public good and interest.
The occupancy of the pilgrim hostels of the Xunta de Galicia public network is restricted to one third of its maximum capacity. Please reserve!
Galicia, safe destination
The Way enters Mos from the south, going through many parishes where all the nature, history and culture that our district has to offer can be found. The old Roman road that joined the city of Braga with Astorga in many of its stretches are the same ones that nowadays comprise the Portuguese Way.
In Galicia many paths, rivers and small streams meet, where there is a vast ethnographic complex and visitors have the privilege of admiring mills, stones crosses, washing places and canastros (the tradicional granaries), reflects its heritage value. One of the first documented references of our district appears in a record of the year 569, before established the first Lord of Mos en 1552, it is said to came from latín molis, grindstone.
Receiving the pilgrim is precisely one of the foundational characteristics of the public network Pilgrims´ hostels in the Way of Saint James.
Description Mos hostel
Availavility of hostel: All year
- Price: 8€/ person
- Total places: recuded capacity 15 places
- Several shared rooms
- You can make reservations on the website www.alberguesxacobeo.gal of your place. The pilgrim can book from 13.00h the day before his arrival until 13.00h. of the same day, moment in which the portal will be closed for that same day and wil happen to reserve for the following one.
- The order of priority for the occupation of the hostels will be the one set out below: pilgrims with physical limitations, pilgrims on foot, pilgrims on horseback, pilgrims cycling and, finally, persons travelling in support cars.
Kind of services:
Surroundings Mos services:
- Restaurants to 10mtrs.
- Fruit shop to 350mtrs.
- Bo Camiño: Store specialized in pilgrims 10mtrs.
- Gar-vin: Hairdresser to 10mtrs.
- Santa Eulalia Churh to 10mtrs. The mass is celebrated at request of the faithful, is does not open every day.
- Pazo de Mos: Cultural Centre to 5mtrs. Periodic cultural programation
- Pharmacy to 200mtrs. It is close only on saturday and sundays.
No cash point in the area.
Availavility for groups
What happens if you make an organized trip, are you more than 25 persons and you have not found a place to spend the night?
- You can contact the Sports Service to spend the night at the Municipal Pavilion at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the following telephone number (+34) 986348001. Indicate the date for the accommodation, time of entry and time of departure.
- In addition to this option you can also contact us, we have a room available in the months of July and August for groups of between 20 and 60 people next to the public hostel. Without mattresses.